These biscuits are loaded with nourishment from the seeds, oats, cinnamon and also full of fibre, good quality fats, magnesium, zinc and more.
Try this recipe for a perfect snack or a tasty dessert with a nice hot cacao or chai latte!
Makes 14 biscuits
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 Tbsp flaxseeds
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup seed/nut butter (can use a blend of chia, sesame, almonds, brazils nuts, cashews and peanuts)
- 2 Tbsp rice malt syrup or honey (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 170c conventional.
2. In a large bowel, combine the fry ingredients.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients.
4. Mix with your hands until well combined.
5. Roll the mix into balls and place on a greased or lined baking tray, then flatten each ball with your hand.
6. Pop in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden.
*Store these in a glass jar or container in the fridge or freeze to make them last longer!
Recipe by Nina Kingsford-Smith on Holistic Health (Orthoplex)
AUTOIMMUNITY – Stop the body’s attack on itself!
Autoimmunity or autoimmune conditions, relate to diseases (of which there are more than 80), where the immune system is attacking the body’s own healthy tissues and cells. This insult on the body by the immune system could be localized, to a specific organ or it could be systemic, effecting various parts of the body. This can change the way an organ or body systems functions and can cause damage and inflammation, resulting in many different symptoms.