Treating Menopause and Perimenopause
Get menopause ready! Breeze through perimenopause, menopause and learn the secrets of successful ageing.
Discover the most important steps to get you through Menopause and Perimenopause?
This is one of the most pivotal times in your life – moving through perimenopause & menopause, setting up the new you.
If you are anything like me, I had no clue what was in store for me when perimenopause hit! You might already have heard horror stories about hot flushes, night sweats and weight gain, or if like me (an early starter!) you might have never given it a thought.
Do you worry about how you will handle mood swings and overwhelm?
Are you concerned about doing everything you should and can be, to get yourself through this?
Getting bits of information from here and there and finding it difficult to know exactly what to take and what's safe can be frustrating and time consuming.
Your body is changing and moving into a new phase, you need to assist yourself with certain dietary, exercise and sleep habits to sail through and support vulnerable pathways and hormones at this stage of your life. When you listen to information out there, like me you probably don’t feel confident that you have all the information you need for this transition. You would hate to have missed out on some simple yet vital information, that will not only move you through this stage but will protect you against new health risks that can present themselves.
This is where I come in, I have 14 years of clinical experience working with women just like you and 8 years of personal experience as a post-menopausal woman. I have developed a 6-month program called “How To Do Menopause” to help women breeze through perimenopause/menopause symptom-free and prepare their bodies to be strong, fit and age well using diet, lifestyle and natural medicines so they can feel better, reduce their future health risks and enjoy life.
Read on and I will show you some of the things to focus on (and what not to do) to make get you through this stage of your life!
"How To Do Menopause" - A 6 Month Executive Program
A 6 month program for you to break free from menopausal weight gain and get your body and life back!
Get My Free Guide
Are you a woman in your 40’s, 50’s or beyond wanting to learn how to shift your menopausal weight gain? Learn what you can do right now to make a change to your health, hormones & metabolism.
Now here are ....... 3 Things you can do right away to get yourself "menopause ready"...
1. Make It Whole and Make It Simple
Right now you can make move to a simple whole food eating style of 3 meals per day, and avoid the snacks! Check out this excellent meal planner I made for you “What to Put on Your Plate for Balanced Hormones, More Energy & a healthy Metabolism”. Then make sure that you are eating foods in their unrefined state, eg instead of white rice go to brown rice, red or wild rice. Instead of unhealthy snacks that keep you wanting more move to 3 decent savoury meals a day. Enjoy your meals so you can feel satisfied and content.
2. Reduce or Remove the Alcohol
Yes I know this is going to be a challenge and whilst I am not a purist and no one is going to take away my occasional glass of wine! It is worth knowing that the reduction or elimination of alcohol defiantly reduces hot flushes and night sweats. I know, I know ……your one vice has just been shattered, but if you do like your alcohol why not try some of these ideas below, if you can’t give it up completely.
- Take a month off all alcohol and first prove it to yourself does this reduce or completely eliminate your hot flushes and night sweats? If and when you reintroduce it set some boundaries on how much you will bring in build up slowly and learn your threshold.
- Can’t come off completely then just reduce your intake by half, drink water or mineral water between each drink, develop boundaries on when you drink eg only with a company or only out to dinner etc – set your own challenges around this.
Not only does alcohol reduction & improve hot flushes and night sweats it also goes a long way in improve insulin sensitivity which you can learn all about in my program!
Find Out More Book Your Free Discovery Call Now
3. Find out How To Build Muscle & Bones
There are things you need to do to help support and build muscle and bones and actually reduce your cardio risk. Again if you are anything like me at this stage of my life I had slowed my exercise regime at the very time when I should take it up a notch!
Now you might be doing some great pilates and yoga sessions and even walking but I am here to tell you that this is not going to be enough to build decent muscle and protect your bones. That does not mean you shouldn’t include pilates, yoga and walking as they have many benefits and can be part of your exercise regime but resistance training is a must! There are different forms of resistance training and it is critical to start low and increase resistance as you build muscle to avoid injury. Resistance training increases muscle strength by making your muscles work against a weight or force.
- Measure your muscle strength there are various ways to do this ideally discuss with an exercise physiologist, and measure your bone mineral density, which you can discuss with your doctor as you will need a referral. This way you will know where you are starting from and can measure your progress from there.
- There are different forms of resistance training, you can use free weights, weight machines, resistance bands or you can use your own body weight. So if you are new to this I highly recommend you start with an exercise physiologist so you can start slow and build up till you get the hang of it and avoid injury.
- Aim for 30 minutes twice per week as this has been shown to be all that is required to get results as long as the load increases incrementally.
The extra bonus is you will enjoy the improved mood and improved metabolic flexibility which goes a long way toward helping manage your weight.
Download My Free Guide
What to Put on Your Plate for Balanced Hormones, More Energy & a Healthy Metabolism!
If you need more help then why not book in for a personal one on one consult?
I will go through all your results (or help you have them run) and sort out exactly what you need to do.