Classic greek breakfast, high in protein and veg a great way to start your day! It will keep you full for longer and something different to your typical eggs on toast breakfast!
Baked Red Pepper and Chilli Eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red peppers (capsicum), quartered, deseeded and cut into strips
- 2 yellow peppers (capsicum), quartered, deseeded and cut into strips
- 1 white onion, halved and finely sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 200g can chopped tomatoes
- 4 medium free-range eggs
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 170g Classic Greek Yoghurt
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
1. Heat the olive oil in a medium non-stick frying pan whit a heatproof handle. Add the capsicums, onion and garlic and all but 1 tsp of the chopped chilli. Cook over medium heat until the caps and chilli are softened, but be careful not to burn them. Add the tomatoes, cook for about 20 min, then season.
2. Make 4 equal-sized indentations in the tomato mixture and crack an egg into each one, then cook on the hob for 4 min over medium heat.
3. Preheat the grill to high. Sprinkle the feta over the tomato and egg mixture and spoon the yoghurt between the eggs. Grill for 5 min until the eggs are just set.
4. Transfer the eggs to 4 serving plates and serve with the toast on the side and a sprinkling of the remaining chilli and some chopped parsley over the top.
Thanks Sophie Michell for the recipe from the Total Greek Yoghurt Cookbook!