This salad is a great way to incorporate many vegetables in one dish and because it is hearty you can have it as a main meal! You can also serve this dish along side roast chicken or beef for a family dinner or lunch with friends, yum!
Roasted Root Vegetable Salad
For the salad:
- 1 small celeriac, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 carrots, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut into 2cm chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium beetroots, cut into 1.5cm thick wedges
- 2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- a pinch of salt flakes
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 100g radicchio leaves
- 25g pistachios, shelled and chopped
For the dressing:
- 100g Classic Greek Yoghurt
- 1 tsp runny honey
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C. Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
2. Toss the celeriac, carrots and parsnips with 1 1/2 tbsp of the oil and scatter over two-thirds of the baking tray. Mix the beetroots with the remaining oil and add to the remaining one-third of the tray, keeping it separate from the other vegetables to prevent its colour from staining them. Roast for 30 min.
3. Coarsely grind the spices with the salt in a pestle and mortar. Add to the vegetables, stirring gently, trying not to mix the beetroot in too much, and toast for a further 30 min until the veg are tender. Cool for 15 min or completely if making ahead.
4. To make the dressing, mix together the yoghurt, honey, chilli and lemon juice and season.
5. Place the parsley and radicchio in a large serving bowl, add the roasted veg and toss gently. Drizzle the dressing over and scatter with the pistachios.
10 Days to Feeling Better
Try the #1 strategy that has helped our clients with fatigue, weight issues, and generally feeling crappy to feel better in just 10 minutes a day!