Chia Seed Pudding Recipe – Quick and Easy Dessert
This chia seed pudding is so quick and easy to make and a brilliant source of fiber, you will need to soak your ingredients before hand, they keep in the fridge for at least 5 days, so they become an easily accessible snack.
You can change your topping to suit your taste, I often pop bee pollen on top, extra cinnamon and nutmeg. You can also try substituting the cashews for macadamia nuts.
This recipe comes from Sungods Superfood a great South Australian business.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 4 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 1 Cup Raw Cashews
- 2 Cups Coconut water
- 4 Medjool dates
- 2-3 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut oil
- Good pinch of Sea Salt
- Pre soak the cashews in water minimum 2 hour up to overnight.
- Pre soak pipped Medjool dates in 1/2 cup of coconut water for 30 min before proceeding
- Soak Sungods Superfoods Chia Seeds in 1 cup of coconut water for 30 min and stir a few times till it makes a gel.
- Combine in Food Processor: drained cashews and Majool Dates with its soaking coconut water add another 1/2 cup of Coconut water, plus Coconut Oil, Cinnamon, Vanilla Extract, Celtic Salt and blend until smooth or to your preferred taste.
- Add the Chia Seeds and blend again
- Serve with chopped walnuts, sliced bananas, blue berries, blackberries or make into layers in a glass bowl