Quinoa, hummus and halloumi elevate this dish from other veggie bowls you might have tried! Great source of protein, healthy fats and veggies, it is so easy to make perfect for those busy days. You can prepare veggies, quinoa and hummus beforehand so you can just add everything together!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 medium butternut squash, diced
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed and halved
- 2 medium cucumbers, cut into small cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 225g halloumi, sliced
- 1 cup hummus
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
1. Rinse and cook the quinoa without salt. Let it finish cooking with steam, by covering it once the water has almost completely evaporated. After 15 min, fluff it with a fork and add salt and pepper.
2. Cook the diced butternut squash on a lined baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper bake at 180 C for 25 min.
3. Cook the asparagus in a pan on medium heat. Flip after 6 mins and remove from fire once it has cooked through.
4. Season the diced cucumber and tomato with salt, pepper and olive oil.
5. Bake the sliced halloumi for 10 mins until brown.
6. Serve all the ingredients in 2 bowls and add a generous dollop of homemade hummus. Drizzle the veggies with olive oil, if desired.
What to Put on Your Plate?
The healthy balanced meal formula designed for menopausal & perimenopausal women