TAHINI SLICE – Healthy Snacks For Kids
This tahini slice is a great way to get lots of superfoods in, excellent snack food for adults and great to add to your, “healthy snacks for kids” ideas. Its a nice dense and quite rich slice. Slice into small squares. You could have it with a nice herbal tea and a good book 🙂
- 12 large medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup sultanas
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup white chia seeds
- 1/3 sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon hulled tahini
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¾ cup coconut oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons hulled tahini
- 1 tablespoons raw honey
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- Sesame seeds for sprinkling
- Line a medium-sized cake tin with baking paper.
- Combine pitted dates, sultanas, coconut, tahini and cinnamon and blend in food processor.
- Mix until fruit is completely broken down.
- Add seeds and pulse till just combined.
- Transfer into large mixing bowl and massage through until evenly mixed.
- Pour into prepared tin. Press down firmly and evenly and place in fridge.
- Meanwhile, melt coconut oil on a low heat, remove from heat and leave to cool, add honey, tahini and cacao, mix well.
- Remove base from fridge and pour mixture on top.
- Place back into the fridge to set.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in fridge to cool completely.
- Cut into small squares and store in a sealed container in the fridge.
Tips & Tricks
- Coconut oil becomes liquid at room temperature, so eat straight from the fridge.
- Those of you with high insulin levels or blood glucose issues, you will want to lower / remove the dried fruit and honey!
Want more? Check out other snack ideas here.