To make food taste good there are two really important things that need to be considered – good fats and herbs/spices! These tahini based dips are a beautiful way to get in good fats in, are easy to reach, healthy snacks – use with veggie sticks as snacks, but also use to dress your main meals such as grills or lather on toast instead of sugary spreads. Why not try them as a salad dressing!
1/2 cup Tahini , 1/2 cup lemon Juice, 1 clove garlic, 1/4 cup water, 1 cup parsley or coriander
- Tahini mix plus 1 cup of chickpeas (soak overnight, cook & blend or use tinned) and a little fresh water
- Tahini mix plus 2 roasted eggplants (cook till centre is soft)
Variation on Houmous
- Tahini mix plus 1 cup of cannellini beans (soak overnight, cook & blend or use tinned) and a little fresh water
Lasts one week in the fridge.
TIPs and TRICKs
– Drop the garlic if you can’t tolerate it (those on FODmaps or if it repeats on you), it will still taste great!
– Use more lemon, if you need to get used to the flavour of tahini.
– You can make the dip as thick or runny as you like, just add more fresh water.
– Garnish with any green herb of choice and for extra fat, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.