Make this Raw Chocolate recipe next time you have a craving for chocolate, its better for you and very easy. You can add nuts or dried fruits to spice it up!
Chocolate is one of those things that can be good for you but many milk chocolates or other mainstream ones are full of sugar and other unhealthy elements that make eating it not a good thing.
- 150g Raw Cacao Powder
- 300g Raw Cacao Butter
- 100 g Raw Honey
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Seeds of Vanilla Pod (optional)
Melt the cacao butter on a very low heat in a bowl over a pot of hot water. Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
Pour into moulds and set in the fridge. Add nuts if you like!
10 Health and Nutritional Benefits of Cocoa Powder
- Rich in Polyphenols That Provide Several Health Benefits
- May Reduce High Blood Pressure by Improving Nitric Oxide Levels
- May Lower Your Risk of Heart Attack and Stroke
- Flavanols May Improve Symptoms of Type 2 Diabetes
- Though overconsumption of chocolate is certainly not good for blood sugar control, cocoa does, in fact, have some anti-diabetic effects.
- Polyphenols Improve Blood Flow to Your Brain and Brain Function
- May Improve Mood and Symptoms of Depression by Various Means
- May Aid Weight Control in Many Surprising Ways
- Somewhat paradoxically, cocoa intake, even in the form of chocolate, may help you control your weight.
- May Have Cancer-Protective Properties
- Theobromine and Theophylline Contents May Help People With Asthma
- Antibacterial and Immune-Stimulating Properties May Benefit Your Teeth and Skin