Another fantastic flavour packed salad, lasts up to three days in the fridge. Learning how to use beans is new for many of us and yet they make great main meal alternatives to meat dishes, for those wanting to eat, a more plant based diet or those who are sick of eating meat all the time, this is a great dish.
PARSLEY & BEAN SALAD
500 grams Dried Lima or Cannellini Beans
Celtic Sea Salt
Lemon Juice fresh
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 to 6 Spring onions
1 bunch fresh parsley
- Soak the beans in water over night.
- Strain the beans and place in a large pot cover with fresh water at least 3 inches above the beans and cook till beans are soft (around 20 to 40 minutes depends on how the beans where stored), then strain once again and place in serving bowl.
- Add chopped parsley and onions (including the green part of the onion)
- With the olive oil, salt and lemon start adding and then try as the amount of these you add is dependant on personal taste but the key is to use more liberally than you may be used to, especially the lemon 🙂
Tips and Tricks
- If you haven’t had time to soak the beans overnight then you can use tinned beans instead
- Any type of parsley is fine, I normally use the flat leaf
- If you prefer red or white onions to spring onions that is fine too
- For a different flavour you can also add fresh coriander and/or basil