Prior to working as a therapist, at the age of 33, I experienced breast cancer and was urged on a journey of self-discovery. Before my diagnosis I was a schoolteacher for 15 years. My health challenge urged me to begin studying more about the mind, body and spirit, and for the last 19 years I have been practising as a remedial therapist, counsellor, and educator in the area of health and wellbeing. I have also completed a primary course with ACNEM~ Australian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine and incorporate this knowledge in my sessions with clients for their health and wellbeing. I have completed 2 years of study for a Bachelor of Health Science – Nutritional Medicine at Endeavour College. My experience in life has brought me greater purpose to help others seeking health and peace in their life.
As a mind body therapist and after studying the effects of trauma and it’s effects on the mind and body, I trained in Craniosacral therapy and now incorporate both Counselling and Craniosacral therapy as a pathway to healing trauma. These two treatments are beneficial for those who have experienced trauma in their childhood, adolescence, young adulthood or adult life. This combination of treatments helps engage the mind and body to become aware of entrenched patterns of trauma and grief to progress healing.
I have two wonderful sons who have supported me, in my journey in helping others, they are my dearest and beloved friends. I really believe that young people need guidance to navigate a healthy life of purpose and I provide counselling support for young people and young adults to live a more fulfilling and grounded life.
As an advocate of self-care, I think of myself as someone who walks my talk. In my spare time, I engage in yoga, walks on the beach, have “great” coffee overlooking the beach, travel, knit, I love working on tapestry, love to cook for family and friends, and enjoy going to the movies.
I provide a space for you to be supported and to:
- Maintain your health and wellbeing.
- Improve her mental health.
- Detox your mind and body.
- Release physical and emotional tension/pain.
- Relax and rejuvenate.
- Improve your self-esteem and self-love.
- Heal from grief and loss.
- Develop and incorporate strategies to help you overcome anxiety and depression.
- Develop and incorporate stress management skills in your life.
- Heal from challenging life transitions.
- Learn to quieten the mind.
- Gain knowledge on your nutritional and environmental needs.
- Bachelor in Early Childhood Education
- Graduate Diploma in Community Languages
- Master’s in Social Science (Counselling Studies)
- Diploma in Remedial Massage
- Master Class in Traditional East West Cupping.
- Certificate IV in Personal Counselling TA
- Certificate in Therapeutic Touch Therapy I and II
- Certificate in Reiki I and II
- Certificate in Level 2 CranioSacral Therapy
- Certificate in Manual Lympatic Drainage
- Completed 2 years of Bachelor in Health Science – Naturopathy
- Certificate in Act a Brief Intervention
- Currently completing Supervision Training.