This recipe is a twist from your usual veggie fritters with the added spices! It’s also gluten-free and uses coconut oil so less inflammatory. Great way to add vegetables into your kids and your diet, you can add any vegetables you have! Serve it as a snack, starter, side dish or make it a main meal serving it on top of a curry, yum!
– 2 large carrots, grated coarsely
– 1 large brown onion, sliced thinly
– 2 cloves garlic, crushed
– 1 cup frozen peas
– 2 cups chickpea flour
– 1 tsp ground cumin
– 1 tsp garam masala
– 1/4 tsp ground turmeric
– 1/2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
– 1/3 cup coarsely chopped coriander
– 1/4 cup water
– coconut oil, for deep-frying
1. Using hands, combine carrot, onion, garlic, peas, flour, spices, baking powder, coriander, and the water in a medium bowl.
2. Heat oil in a wok or large saucepan to 180C, deep-fry level tbsp of veg mixture, in batches, until browned lightly and cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on absorbent paper.
* They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Eat cold or reheat in the oven!
Recipe from Women’s Weekly Food for Kids with Allergies
10 Days to Feeling Better
Try the #1 strategy that has helped our clients with fatigue, weight issues, and generally feeling crappy to feel better in just 10 minutes a day!