Ginger Chicken Soup
Now that the weather is colder, soups are a great way to warm up the body from the inside and give you the comfort you crave. Not only soups are delicious, they are simple to make and an easy way to incorporate nutritious foods into your diet. This recipe includes ingredients that are beneficial for your immune system which we all need right now so add this to your weekly dinners with your family or keep some portions in your freezer when you need the extra boost of nutrients!
Serves 2 with leftovers for chicken salad
- 1 medium chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 inch piece of ginger, peeled and chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 4 celery stalks
- 1 bunch Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion
- 9 whole cloves
- 1 bunch spinach, washed
- Place chicken in a large soup pot with 2 litres of water. Bring to boil and simmer.
2. Add ginger, garlic, celery and parsley.
3. Cut the ends off an onion, cut in half and stick cloves in each half.
4. Simmer for 2-3 hours.
5. Strain the soup and set aside 2 cups of chicken for tomorrow’s lunch.
6. Return broth to heat and boil. Add spinach, simmer 10 mins and serve.
10 Days to Feeling Better
Try the #1 strategy that has helped our clients with fatigue, weight issues, and generally feeling crappy to feel better in just 10 minutes a day!